Manual gt legacy

Apparently we in Aus are getting them later this year.

BTW does anyone know why the auto gets less power than the manual ? I hear that the manual in Aus will have 195kW but the auto only has 180kW But in NZ and japan the manual gets 206KW and the auto gets 191kW. If the Aussie manual can produce 195KW with our fuel then the auto should be able to get at least 191kw because the auto can handle that much in NZ and Japan.

Hope the above made sense.

Reply to
Subie25L

I'm not sure why the manual has more power. But I know the earlier single turbo versions the automatic had a smaller turbo than the manual. At high revs (6000+) my friends 92 auto GT could barely hold 12psi boost & my 91 RS 13.5+ Psi. Both cars where chipped to 14Psi. The only difference was the transmission and the turbo size.

Mike

Reply to
MIKE

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!! Can you provide any evidence of this? A manual AWD with 195KW and 300 odd Nm at 2400rpm!!!!! In Aus!!!!!!!! That's it - if this is proved I'm going to live without a car until it arrives. Was about to buy something else.... Stuff the Commodore VZ too!

Reply to
Shane White

As far as I can tell NZ is the only place except japan maybe that offers the new legacy GT turbo with manual transmision. Is this right?

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

Page 30 of the current MOTOR magazine (February) in the quick fang section has mention of this. I have no proof from Subaru though.

Reply to
Subie25L