Manual Legacy Wagon?

Did Subaru stop offering the manual transmission on the regular Legacy wagon? I noticed that I can get a manual on the 2007 Legacy sedans, but not the wagons for some reason. I know that the manual Legacy wagons were available a year or two ago. I've been considering getting a Legacy wagon but only if it has manual transmission (and not auto-sticks either).

I know the base model 2007 Outback can be had with a manual, but I prefer Legacys over Outbacks because they aren't as tall (about 5 inches shorter than the Outback), and weigh less (resulting in better mpg).

On a related note, I noticed that 2007 VW Passat wagons are not available with stick shift anymore either (only Tiptronic, which is not the same as manual). I'm pretty sure that they were available with stick shift for the 2006 model year though. I really miss the Jetta wagon which was available with not only stick shift but also diesel.

Does anyone know of other station wagons, besides the Outback (and Forester, which is too tall to be a station wagon in my book), offered with stick shift and available in the U.S. or Canada?

Reply to
cobra

according to subaru.ca, the legacy comes with a 5 speed stick or auto in everything but the sport sedan, which is AT only. Do they make a Spec.B wagon? That's available with a 6 speed stick.

Ray

02 Legacy Wagon 5spd.
Reply to
ray

If I'm to blame for the "solution" FHI came up with I deeply regret ever bitching about the shifting qualities of subaru transmissions on this NG :-[ I owe you an apology,

Reply to
Body Roll

Check over at

.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

ray writes: (snip)

(snip)

Not that I've seen so far. If they did, I'd have considered buying one.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark T.B. Carroll

Saab, BMW, Audi offer manual transmissions in wagons... only other midsize ones are Legacy and Mazda6. Most everyone offers it at the low end - PT Cruiser, HHR, Matrix/Vibe, Mazda3, Caliber. You should be able to factory order a Legacy, since they're imported from Indiana...

Reply to
Tom Bavis

Where is the "port"?

Reply to