My wife never reads manuals....

This afternoon when my wife had an accident, she had never read the manual and did not know transport of her 4WD was different -- and allowed a tow truck operator to tow it 50 miles with front wheels up, back wheels on the road. How much damage is likely to have been done to the transmission???????????????

Reply to
Cognitus44

No damage at all to the transmission. The differentials, though . . . . .

Reply to
Ragnar

Reply to
Bill Bradley

There is likely some damage to the center differential if it was towed that far on two wheels.

Reply to
mulder

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Yes. But it seems like seeing a marriage counsellor would be a good idea also :-[ My condolences on both accounts :-(

Reply to
Body Roll

I had an accident in January, totalling my 02 OBS. The tow truck operator was going to tow it as the original poster mentioned in this thread - back wheels down. It was dark and I was in the middle of nowhere in Montana and really wasn't sure if the car was totalled, so I made sure to have him tow it properly. My insurance covered the cost of the towing, but the operator did charge a surcharge for having to tow it on two dollies, as he did not come with a flatbed truck to tow it on.

Stacey.

: :

Reply to
Stacey L. Brower