Need help to evaluate weight and accesory needs?

My goal is to be able to carry things I must have as I moved from one place to another for contract work (minimum 6 mos which might get extended or not) by myself in a trailer and a rooftop rack. I need help in accesorising my 2005 legacy wagon to carry the followings:

- office stuff (two my desktops, 2 printers (I will put my computer stuff inside my car)

- a printer stand, my desk lamp, 2 shelves bookcase, a hallway table like this at

a compact computer desk that fits the monitor and keyborad w/ nospace for writing

- a filing cabinet like this at

a foldable wood table like this:
all my kitchen stuff: microwave, toaster oven, juicers, 2 ricecookers+ pots+ the usual rest- a small round dining table (with foldable leaves) + 2 matchingchairs

- full size mattress and boxspring (for this I thought about a rooftop rack but I am not sure what weight my full size bed weigh) + the frame for my bed

- lamps for living rooms and bedrooms

- if I can fit in the space and weight is not overloaded for my car, a nice futon couch + a coffee table and 2 end tables (all are light)

- misc items such as air purifiers (2 of them), canister vaccum cleaner, dvd player, VCR player, 3 drawers plastic storage thing, materials to make compartment shevles in closet, plastic shoes holders, etc.

- clothes and shoes (bunch of them)

I am trying to minize putting stuff in a storage, basically put only my bedroom furniture (queen size bed + dresser, chest drawers, 2 night stands); I might also have to leave behind off seasonal clothes in a way that can be retrieved easily

About rooftop crossbar, would it hold this full size ned set? Would a full size bed weight more than 100 lbs?

Do you think getting a trailer would be enough to place the rest of the stuff or the stuff without the futon couch? I can just make another trip later for it. Then I might just split the load if it is not more than 3 hours drive one way.

How do I got about guessing the weight?

I guess I should just practise diving with an empty trailer first? Is it hard to drive with it?

Reply to
mm