Need Solutions to '91 Legacy Trouble Codes

I just checked the Trouble Codes causing my Check Engine light to come on (it's been coming on for years), and I had quite a few causes. I was just wondering if anyone could describe the best way to fix each of the problems (whether it's possible to fix myself or if I need to take it in and whether the problem is even worth fixing since my car is still currently running.)

The codes that I got ...

11: Crank Angle sensor 12: Starter Switch 21: Coolant Temp Sensor 22: Knock Sensor 23: Air Flow Meter 35: Canister Purge Solenoid 42: Idle Switch 51: Neutral Switch (manual transmission)

Parts I've found:

21: Coolant Temp Sensor: how hard is it to replace this? 22: Knock Sensor: doesn't seem too difficult 23: Air Flow Meter: expensive part ...is it worth replacing?

Questionable:

11: Crank Angle sensor: can't find this part 12: Starter Switch: do I need a whole new starter? 35: Canister Purge Solenoid: have only found 2 things close to this (vapor canister and purge valve). What needs to be replaced or looked at? 42: Idle Switch: is this the idle speed control (part of the fuel system?) 51: Neutral Switch (MT): is this the neutral safety switch (part of the electrical system?)

Could anyone list the appropriate part and possibly a website to find the part for each of the codes?

The car is 4WD, 2-door, Legacy L. The car only has about 85K, but I wasn't in very good shape when I got it a few years ago.

Greatly appreciate any help.

Reply to
rollor

Have you cleared the codes to see which ones immediately come back? Have you checked the alternator for output AND ripple? Have you checked for corroded ground connections? 1 or 2 of those codes may be 'real' but it seems unlikely to me to be all of them - not impossible of course. I'd look for a bad ground and have the alt tested (with a scope) and clear the codes and wait for a CEL and read the codes again.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan