New 2006 impreza

Il need some info about it does any ones have try it ?

Reply to
sylvain Roy

"sylvain Roy" wrote in news:11fnig58o9v4p76 @corp.supernews.com:

Fuzzy Logic

I think the new Impreza is beautiful.

The circa 1999 old look was great; then came the bug-eye design which was nice but not perfect (to many at least). The 2006 looks classy. The front grill reminds me of an Alpha Romeo.

If they only made it in a coupe, I'd be very, tempted.

Good job Subaru.

MN

Reply to
MN

I heard that WRX will get 2.5 turbo engine as well. The article is silent about that though.

BTW, my wife went to Europe for a few weeks and I was left with my 2002 Outback and her 2002 Impreza 2.5 TS. Did not ride the second for a while. What a difference, Impreza's handle superb when compared to other small sedans or the Outback itslef.

A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski

It is a 2.5L..with variable valve timing, too.

Reply to
CompUser

Andy Leszczynski wrote in news:- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

It's mentioned here:

Fuzzy Logic

"sylvain Roy" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Somebody no whent it gone a be on sale in US or CANADA. Am looking forward to buy it, with i-Active Valve Lift system,am sure it will be, more gas efficent. Roy

Reply to
sylvain Roy

i-active is on the non-tirbo engines. variable valve timing is on the turbo engines. I have an '06 on order and have been told it will be middle of Sept. most likely. I've heard there are some Imprezas on the west coast already. I'd expect many places to be ahead of the schedule I got here in D/FW so , go ask your dealership. Still no brochures and the model code and option codes were all chosen from faxed documents.

fyi

Carl

sylva> "sylvain Roy" a écrit dans le message de news:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

had to miss that. Interesting: we have four different 2.5 turbo engines:

-STI - 300HP

-Forester - 220 HP

-new WRX - 230HP

-Legacy - 250 HP

A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski

No, they only have Three.

300hp STI 250hp Legacy 230hp forester and WRX
Reply to
Bryan Lee

so is there any mechanical difference between 2 and 3?

A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski

According to the specs, the 2006 loses 1 mpg (w/MT) over the 2005. It's also a little heavier than the 2005.

2005 Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan

Curb Weight (Pounds) (w/Manual Transmission) -- 2972 Curb Weight (Pounds) (w/Automatic Transmission) -- 3024 Fuel Economy (city/highway) -- Manual: 23/30, Automatic: 22/28 mpg

2006 Impreza 2.5 i Sedan

Curb Weight (Pounds) (w/Manual Transmission) -- 3016 Curb Weight (Pounds) (w/Automatic Transmission) -- 3067 Fuel Economy (city/highway) -- Manual: 22/29, Automatic: 23/28 mpg

Reply to
David Preston

it's a reall good question what is the difference??

"Andy Leszczynski" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
sylvain Roy

grape

I just try the new 2006 wrx , and the 2.5 i for me it's a winner , smother engin and transmisson !!! got all the spec here !

"sylvain Roy" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
sylvain Roy

You'd figure an additional 0.5L would boost horsepower more than just 3HP. Torque is up about 18ft-lb, but still.. huh?

I was thinking that the new WRXs were going to be all revving up for me at the stop lights, but I guess it's normal. Something tells me the bigger engine will make the modders happy though.

Reply to
k. ote