New Haynes Outback manual not really for Outbacks?

I contacted Haynes regarding a manual due to come out this month titled, "Haynes Subaru Legacy/Forrester ('99-'05)" because it has the same ISBN number (1563926237) as the following titled book on Amazon.com, "Subaru Legacy/Forrester 00-06 created by Chilton". My question was, are these the same book.

In the process of contacting them, they required the year, make, model, engine type of the vehicle I have. When they wrote back they said their Legacy/Forrester 99-05 book isn't for my vehicle (2001 Outback Wagon LTD). Are they mistaken in saying this? I thought the Legacy and Outbacks were virtually identical, minus the Outbacks sitting up higher, having the Outback trim, and so forth?? Or if I got this book, would it give me all the information I need anyway for doing my own vehicle maintenance??

Brad

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Edward Hayes

How much of the Impreza manual would apply to a Liberty? I just ask because we have a Liberty but there's an Impreza manual available...

Reply to
Clifford Heath