New Rims

Thanks for the help with my bulb question. Now on to another puzzler.

My 1998 Legacy Outback has the worst looking rims I've ever seen. I don't meen they're ugly, but in rough shape. It looks like the former owner used the car to let his teenager practice parallel parking in, and left half the rim's finish on the curb. Every rim is scratched and gouged, but no dents near where they meet the tire luckily.

My question is, where can I get rims to replace these. I think the rims on the new 03 and 04 Outbacks look good, but mine is about 5 or 6 years ahead of thier time. I'll go wherever I can get a good price, but would rather stay with Subaru manufactured rims. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Wombacker

Reply to
Mike Wombacker

You're going to pay premium $$ for new OEM rims. Unless you can find some 'take-offs' from new vehicles that had a different rim package installed, I would recommend going with rims from

or
I haven't actually bought from either of them... yet, but I am in the process of getting rims as well, and they seem to be the 2 most recommended sources for Subaru rims...

HTH

Reply to
NoSpam

If you like the looks of OEM WRX rims, find out if they'll fit---they are constantly for sale on eBay or nasioc.com. Find someone close to avoid shipping, and you can get a super deal.

Steve

Reply to
CompUser

Don't know where you are located but if you are interested in good used OEM rims you might want to check out "Mountain Tech" they're an independent Subaru shop and reportedly has one of the largest selections of used Subaru parts in the nation. They are located in Oregon City, Or.

If you're not close by I don't know what the shipping cost would be.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey