New Subaru Colors Suck!

Looked at website- 08 outback not available in green. A light cream interior dirt magnet. Tribeca only available in 2 colors. Forester not available in green. Subaru really has lost touch with its buyers. I dont know if they fixed the poor ergonomics of the 05-07 outbacks but just the color choices will keep me from geting another. They have ads showing outdoor adventure but no real outdoor colors

Reply to
bigjim

Have to agree. Lack of stability control on 07's stopped that purchase and horrid colors and wheels on 08's mean I will wait until 09 or beyond to get an outback. One new color was "harvest gold". Designers must be gen x's or later. They don't realize that Harvest Gold along with Avacado were really bad appliance colors from the 60's. To continue along this line the alloy wheels on the 08

3.0's are way to much "bling" for me. I wonder if they will have a mid year option of 18" solid alloy wheels that keep spinning when the car stops. Other colors "Dark Bronze"???. The few softer earth tone colors are only offered in the two tone paint scheme or on the low end models. When I decided to wait for 08's before purchasing an outback I went to Cars101 and couldn't believe the colors offered. Anyone have other suggestions for decent looking car with 8"+ ground clearance, under 27K, 25mpg, AWD? Probably not but any suggestions are welcome.
Reply to
Howard Nelson

If you spend more you can get a 3 series BMW AWD wagon. I dont know if Ford still sells their AWD wagon. To me my 04 Outback is the high point of Subaru development. Great price ~$20k w/auto and cold weather package, alloys etc , everything I want. Seats are the most comfy I have ever had in a car. Reliability has been 100% only problem was bad front strut and cracked weatherstrip around windows. Gets 24-25 MPG in mixed driving and got 29 on the one long trip I've taken. Handles great and goes through mud snow light off road with no problem. Now Subaru is trying to go luxury but most people wont buy it. Subaru is well known as a quality brand that will last and get you there. Dont try to compete with luxury- Stay with what worked. My next vehicle in the next year or two is unlikely to be a Subaru unless they go back to basics. I am looking at the 4 door Wrangler (yellow supposedly coming next year!!!) and the xterra. The xterra off road can be had for $26k or so with everything and real world MPG seems ok.

On Jun 27, 12:24 pm, "Howard Nelson" wrote:

website- 08 outback not available in green. A light cream

Reply to
bigjim

BMW out of my price range. Recent AWD Ford cuv's have had CVT (with unproven reliablity) up to this point..

Thank you for the suggestions.

To me my 04 Outback is the high

Reply to
Howard Nelson