Noisy Drive Train

98 Legacy Wagon, I notice now there seems to be what I would describe as a cross between a howl and a whine, directly related to road speed. It reminds me of the road noise you'd hear riding in a school bus (that was a loooooong time ago).

I'm assuming it's drive train related, probably differential or joints....what's the most likely? I want to be prepared....

Reply to
Gnu Bee