OBD codes, again!!!!!!!!!

Hei! After years of faultfinding due of "check engine" on my Legacy 90 model, I have sold it and got me a 99. mod. station wagon. Recently it passed 100k km and suddenly the idiot lamp starts to light after start up, but goes out after some kilometers. I found those green and black connectors below the steering column and reading faultcodes: 12, 22 and 54. I belive I can not use the same translatetable I used on my 90 mod., because the new one are using a OBD version 2. How do I read the table "Subaru OBD2 Codes" that are presented on

?It dont "fit" my codes 12, 22 and 54 ???? Kindly Svein Olav

Reply to
Svein O

The only way I knew to retrive OBDII codes is to plug a scanner into that portal in the dash left of the steering wheel. All the stored trouble codes will appear on the scanner as a 4 didget number beginning with the letter "P".

Reply to
johninKY

As it says on the troublecodes.net/Subaru site, north american vehicles built from 1996 up have OBD2, and require a scan tool to get the codes, and they will be displayed as P0xxx, not as a number alone. There are all sorts of scan tools on ebay if you want to buy one, or have your garage scan it for a small fee. Those codes you got have nothing to do with OBD2, unless your vehicle was made for another country which doesn't use OBD2 perhaps? Ed B

Reply to
ed