OBS dashboard/firewall buzz

2010 OBS with auto transmission. Mileage: 2600+

Symptom: Buzzing coming from under the dash to the right of the center console, up underneath near firewall. It happens only at low rpm range when engine is under load such as going up a small grade. The noise has a metallic/glass-like sound. I think it's inside.

The dealer has now made two attempts to find this noise, and it's driving my wife crazy. They've replaced a heat shield and re-mounted a line on the firewall near the cabin air filter assembly; both outside the cabin.

Advice anyone? Has anyone experienced or heard of this?

Reply to
rpmdb

You might experiment with changing the climate control settings around; heat/cool, recirc/fresh. maybe it's a 'blend door' or something.

I dunno just a suggestion.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Reply to
Big Jim

The OBS is essentially an Impreza, not a full-sized Outback. Just an FYI.

Reply to
rpmdb

Not a bad one either. It even may turn out to be temperature sensitive.

Good suggestion. Thanks.

Reply to
rpmdb

Here is the definition of "dashboard buzz"....

Hachiroku

I may be onto something. Today, driving with the air conditioner on for some time, I couldn't duplicate the buzz.

Not holding my breath, but maybe...

Reply to
rpmdb

I had a noise like this driving me crazy for a few weeks in my Santa Fe. Had my mechanic check it when I had it in for an oil change. He found it was coming from an empty CD case in the door pocket on the passenger side. I felt a bit sheepish, to say the least.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Honestly, that kind of thing is exactly what I checked for initially. I looked everywhere for any possession that might cause this.

Because I had your scenario happen to me about ten years ago. :-)

Reply to
rpmdb