One of those days

Went to the 1/8 mile track (bracket racing) in my home town this weekend and had a great time, just couldn't get any sort of consistency out of my car (MY02 WRX Automatic). Yesterday I posted times of 9.59 and 9.30 in the time trials (heads up racing)...only to do a 8.82 in Jackpot racing...major breakout, thought I would have gotten slower as car got warmer, not the case though, did a buy-back (paid another $20 for another shot at the prize money) and dialed at 8.8, this time I did 8.62, thought that was kinda weird but it gets weirder (is that even a word??) This morning time trials (heads up) start again, cold motor (warmed up just enough to raise temp gauge) and I do a 9.93 ET with a .519 reaction time, followed one hour later by a 10.01 with a .519 reaction time again (at least reaction was consistent all day), so I decide on going with a dial in of 9.3 "to be safe", one hour later I put up a 8.43 ET on a .503 reaction time I even hit the brakes at the end of the run cuz I knew I broke out, the warmer the track got the better I did (it was 85 degree F track temp at start, 95 at second run and 125 at final run.)

I am vacuum locking the brakes (shift to neutral depress brake pedal, rev to

5k when revs go down the brake pedal will depress about 1/2" further) I would launch at 4500 RPM and shift the car manually from 1 to 2 to 3, etc. I tried letting the car shift by placing it in 3 during launch but that was even more inconsistent....either totally bogged on launch or took off like a rocket, not consistent at all. Does anyone here have any advice or ideas that may make me more consistent at this? I know this isn't a dragracing NG and that Subaru wasn't "designed" to be a drag car but I am hoping someone will have some insight for a fellow Subie owner.

Thanks to all that respond, and please respond to this NG, the email addy is a junk email collection facility for me.

PS. I suppose I should list mods for those that are interested:

K&N Filter Blitz SBC-ID Electronic Boost Controller Perrin Catless up-pipe PDE Catless Downpipe (eliminates both post turbo cats)

3" Custom Exhaust to Apex-i N1 Muffler Grounding Mod Airbox mod (eliminates factory silencer) High Stall Torque Convertor UTEC ECU (maybe I should use the boost control functions of this and sell my blitz unit....might eliminate some wacky interactions)

I am open to any/all suggestions. Thanks again

Reply to
WRXtreme