ouch... ('02 wrx wagon)

After a rare snowfall I couldn't resist some parking lot "limit testing" and like a doofus slid into a curb with the right front wheel. It appears that the lower control arm (proper term?) has collapsed a bit and allowed the whole strut and wheel assembly to shift back about an inch. I hope that's the extent of it.

Any advise on approximate cost or whether this is a job for a Subaru dealer vs. a body shop would be appreciated.

thanks

Reply to
-rick-

Any decent body shop should be able to do this repair as it's a common thing for the suspension to get damaged in crashes. It'll need some parts replaced, maybe some "frame/body" bending and a good alignment.

We also had some snow today and I got to play a bit with my WRX wagon, but I was real careful to not get near any curbs. In fact after just 20 minutes and one little 5 mile round trip I realized I wanted the car safely in the garage since it was just too slippery out there to risk it for no reason.

Reply to
Alan Peterman

OK, rub it in a little... at least I can serve as a bad example for others. ;-)

The dealer wants $225 plus $160 for install and allignment. subaruparts.com wants $189 with shipping. It looks fairly straightforward. I'm tempted to get a shop manual, try the install myself, and then get a proper allignment. Any one with specific knowledge have a reason to talk me out of it? Thanks for the reply btw.

-rick-

Reply to
-rick-