Outback Oil Drain Plug Washer & Torque

Have a 2003 3.0 Outback. Noticed that the replaceable Oil Drain Plug crush washer has a flat side and a rounded side. Which side goes up against the Oil Pan???

How tight should I do the Oil Drain Plug??? (Ft-lb / Nm)

Thanks in advance......

Reply to
Joe

The rounded side, as the pan countour is also rounded. The flat side mates to the bolt's flatness.

Dunno the spec, but until someone answers, here's what I do: tighten till I feel the washer crush a bit. I've neither had leaks or difficulty removing it in future changes, so I guess that's okay. Someone with a service manual will surely pop in to give us the word, though I hope.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

I made mine halfway between "snug" and "supertight".

Reply to
David