Outback tyres (AU)

Greetings,

Looking for recommendations on tyres for my Outback. It goes off bitumen quite a bit so something with strong sidewalls etc is in order.

I've had Pirelli P6000 on all four wheels since purchase this time last year, they've lasted 30,000 km.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Reply to
Damon McMahon

See my reply post to Great tires on Outback. It may not be a good fit for you though if you get into mud.

"Damon McMahon" wrote in message news:4155375a snipped-for-privacy@news.iprimus.com.au...

Reply to
WillW

Hi Damon,

I'm also in AU and currently am running P6000 Powergy on my 2000 OBLW. They are up for replacement however have lasted 70,000kms and the tread is still legal althought I'm also currently looking for options. Most of this is city driving, not freeway although I have taken it on dirt and beach quite a bit.

The new P6 all season tyres look pretty good and are currently my choice unless I find something better in the next couple of weeks. Better tread pattern and sidewall design for off road than the P6000 at the expense of some cornering and low aquaplaning characteristics.

Be interested in what you finally decide on though.

Regards,

Gerard...

"Damon McMahon" wrote in message news:4155375a snipped-for-privacy@news.iprimus.com.au...

Reply to
Gerard

Gerard,

Wow, 70,000 from the Powergy's is impressive. My P6000s are still legal, but I will struggle to get 40,000 km from them. I've had to replace one due to sidewall damage, too, but that was after some fairly rugged driving through the Gammon Ranges so I'll wear that. Found them very noisy, too - above 80 km/h from new, at lower speeds now. I wouldn't recommend them, and I'm not sure why Bob Janes did.

Given the above I was going to steer away from Pirelli but thanks for your comments, I will consider the Powergy or P6s. I've also been recommended the Cooper Discoverer H/T - any comments readers have on this will be appreciated. I've only seen them on a couple of Land Rover Discoverys up to this point.

Regards, Damon

Gerard wrote:

Reply to
Damon McMahon