Outside Mirror Wind Noise

Have a 2003 LL Bean Outback.

Seems like I hear excessive wind noise from the driver's side outside mirror and none from the passenger's side outside mirror when driving at highway speeds. Turning the mirror enclosure in eliminates the noise.

Any ideas ???

Reply to
Joe

Try lowering the window and squeezing the rubber 'gussets' (the black traingle the mirror is attached to at the 'front' of the door) together by pushing in on the mirror and out on the inside or tweeter if so equipped. You may have to do this a coupla times a year - more often if you don't train yourself to avoid closing the door by pushing on the glass. If it is still intolerable, I'm pretty sure there is a TSB for that problem involving a new gusste and some adjustment inside the door.

fairly common complaint. (we also have an 03 3.0 Outback wagon)

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

me too

Same fix here on a 2000 Outback Limited. It's been two years now. Mine has the tweeters mounted in the triangle. I pushed on the inside with a small piece of wood while pushing on the mirror with the other hand.

Reply to
nobody >

That was it, easy fix...thanks much!

Joe