P1443 Code in 2001 Forester

Can anyone give me some insight on what a "P1443" code might mean in a 2001 Forester? (USA)

All the scanner reports is "Manufacturer Controlled Auxiliary Emissions Control". Not very helpful (except in knowing that it won't strand me by the side of the road).

Thanks in Advance Joe snipped-for-privacy@mindZZspring.com

remove "double Zeds" to reply

Reply to
JoeZZLevy

Possibly Evap control system. Make sure the gasket is good on your gas cap and always tighten it a dozen or more clicks. Clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does, maybe you have a cracked charcoal canister or other bad evap system components.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Evaporative emission control system vent control function problem

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom