patching paint chip on WRX bumper?

How do you patch chipped areas on the bumper? Since the paint has some thickness to it, I think I need some sort of filler to smooth it out with the rest of the bumper before applying the touch up paint.

Any idea where to get this "filler" or what it is called?

Reply to
peter

You can buy a can of spray filler or "spray putty" as it is sometimes called, from an auto paint shop. It's just a very heavy paint - you put on a few coats and sand it back smooth, then spray the final colour over it.

Reply to
Coggo

Bondo glazing or spot putty:

Get it in any auto supply house.

Reply to
Fred

Get spot putty, comes in a tube.Any auto parts store should have it.

Reply to
Michael