PCV Valve - Not?

I have a 2004 Impreza 2.5TS Wagon, with just over 30,000 miles. This morning I changed the spark plugs, and then went to change the PCV Valve. The valve I had bought was a Purolator PV1019, which was what was listed in the book at the parts store, and I believe what I had used in all my previous Subarus (This is my 5th Subaru!).

I found what I believed to be the PCV Valve, coming off the throttle body, just as it had in all the previous cars. I removed the hose and proceeded to try to unscrew the valve using a 3/4 inch deep socket. Nothing came, so I turned harder, and eventually something broke off. After recovering from my initial shock, I realized I had popped out the valve along with the fitting it screws into.

I took this inside, where I was going to try to remove the valve from the fitting using some WD-40. Then, I realized this was not PCV valve at all, it was just a straight-thru fitting. Upon further examination I realized that the side where the hose goes was much smaller than the fitting on the PCV Valve that I had bought.

So, after now realizing that there was no need to take apart what had come out of the car, I was able to get it back together by gently hammering it back into the opening in the throttle body. It is quite tight and the car is running well, so I am relieved.

But, I'm still wondering, am I missing something? Is there a PCV valve somewhere else, or is there simply no PCV valve on this car?

Thanks for your help.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Weil

The PCV valve screws in and is only available from dealer

Reply to
jabario

snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote in news:1111256903.126125.255030 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Screws in where? Obviously not where it screwed in on previous models.

Reply to
Larry Weil