Pirelli Tires

Hi, I intend to buy new four seasons tires (for 3 seasons use). The tire dealer suggested me to buy Pirelli Cinturato P3000. Its a touring tire and its slightly sporty (the dealer said). I'm not racing my car (1999 Impreza TS) but I still want a good handling in turns and on water. Does anyone have tried these tires? Or any other suggestion?

Thank you.

Philippe Javaux Quebec, Canada

Reply to
Philippe Javaux

Not trying to be a smartass, but given the road conditions here in Quebec, does it really matter???? You might want to consider something with a bit more 'sponge' texture. I feel sorry for anyone who drives with good quality tires here in Montreal. Nonetheless, my father uses those exact tires on his SAAB.

Phil Montreal, Québec

Reply to
Phil

check

I've read a lot of folks who like the value of Continental Xtreme Contacts (or whatever they're called)

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Philippe Javaux wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I recommend the Kumho Ecsta HP4 at Tire Rack. I have them on an '02 Outback Sport and an '01 Legacy GT. They are cheap, stick like glue on wet pavement or snow, and are an all-around vast improvement over the Bridgestone RE

92's.

Good luck.

Joel Schleifstein

Reply to
Joel Schleifstein

What a coincidence! I was just checking the order I placed @9am Monday for a set of four 205/55-VR16 ContiExtreme Contacts from Tirerack.com and they will be here tomorrow before I get home from work. I still have a set of Blizzaks on the '02 GT wgn. I almost went with a Max Performance or Ultra-high Performance Summer tire, but decided to go with these Ultra High Performance All-Seasons. They are recommended my my Subie (and Saab and Porsche) dealer as were Michelin's Pilot Sport and Pilot Sport A/S. But the Conti Extremes cost 40% less, have a quieter ride and slightly longer wearing tread; at least as far as their ratings point out, so I went with the more civil tire, at least for this round. I also considered Yokohama AVS dB-S2 and ES100 tires. But I'd like to not have to worry about getting stuck in parking lots (fields) at the fair and family and company picnics/outings which invariably involve curbs, wet grass, and soft ground or mud - all bad news for grooved slicks. Maybe next time I'll be more daring... Terry - '02 Regatta-Red 5spd Legacy GT wagon, 29,000 miles, Yakima / TandeMover / Rockymount rack. '03 Silver Legacy SE auto-sedan - 6150 miles. '85 CH250 - 4060miles! To reply, get rid of the "nonsense"

Reply to
TW-Ohio

Let us know how you like them.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

TW-Ohio wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I may have been one of those. I've had mine about a month, long enough for me to have driven them through snow and rain as well as on dry roads. They're very impressive tires.

Reply to
zippy