Position of the brake and accelerator pedals in 2006 Outback wagon

Anyone else find them too far to the left (and the center console covering too much space to the left, too)? I get a cramp in my leg after 30 minutes or so of driving the car...

Reply to
Bill Bradley

I just got my 2006 OBW, moving up from a 1997. I do feel some right leg discomfort.

It doesn't seem to me that hte pedals are too far to the left, rather, I perceive it as less leg room lengthwise - I tend to want to slide the seat back further than it will go. I've noticed that reclining the seat back a bit more than I normally would seems to help. I hope I get used to it.

Otherwise, I'm very pleased with the car.

Reply to
shopsis

Leg room is less than in 2004 models. I found it to be uncomfortable.

Reply to
bigjim

I'm looking down at my leg, and, it's twisted to the left, instead of straight.

I suppose it COULD be less legroom...

Reply to
Bill Bradley

The rear seats, especially. NO WAY 4 adults could do a cross-country trip in this car. I got the Outback, rather than the Forester, as, I figured in a bigger car, there'd be more room. Boy...was that a mistake.

On the other hand, Consumer Reports rated the rear legroom as fine, so...what do I know...

Reply to
Bill Bradley