Power Steering

Okay, 86 XT GL Coupe .. Power steering whines when turning left.. not so much when turning right.. what causes this difference?? Is there anything *cheap* and easy i can do to rememdy it? Some info: Fluid level needs to be 'topped off' about once every 6mos. - i add STP fluid with a little transm. stop leak, seems to help. Whine ceases when temporarily after refilling.

-Second Question- How difficult is it the fix leaky rocker covers? Can some one give me a overview on what i would need to do? I add oil monthly, and am fairly certain this is the problem (any other ideas)

TIA JB

Reply to
JonnieBlue