Powerless door actuator

Just got the remotes (key FOBs) for my 96 Legacy GT (from subaruparts.com) and programmed them to the base unit using the directions.

The problem is, I can clearly hear the door actuator do something but it doesn't actually lock/unlock the doors. The car's lights blink, the "courtesy" light comes on etc. but that's it. The other power locks do work however, when controlled manually from the driver's door. My question: is the door actuator a part that tends to wear out? Has someone had this experience?

florian

Reply to
FFF

On my 96 Legacy Outback, the power door locks, whether from the driver's door switch or the remotes, don't consistently unlock. I found with a test light that the control pulse to the locks is much weaker in the unlock action than in the lock action. The only common component in the circuit is the control box itself. I haven't tried to replace it yet but would also be interested in any similar experiences or insight others might have.

Ed P

Reply to
Ed P