Problem -cracks in tailgate lens 2001 wagon

Got a 2001 legacy L wagon, and noticed the big lens that has the backup lights and goes the full width of the hatch, has moisture in it. A closer look revealed 2 cracks about 1" long starting at the top bodyside edge and radiating out and down. One is just under the wiper, the other just over another 6-8". Wondering if this is a typical problem, as they don't seem to be caused by impact. Given the size of the lens I'm wondering if it is due to the flex caused by closing the tailgate, and mold stress in the plastic. Going to the dealer on monday for end of bumper to bumper service and if its a known issue I'll push for a warranty claim for this item.

TIA F.plant

Reply to
F. Plant

snip

Dealer I brought it in to is going to do it under warranty, making me quite happy.

F.Plant

Reply to
F. Plant