Problem with emergency blinkers

I have a '98 subaru Outback wagon. Last night I discovered my battery was dead. I replaced the battery and found I had a clicking sound that seems to be associated with the emergency blinkers. The blinkers seem to go on even when the emergency switch and the ignition switch are in the off positions. Any suggestion as to cause and remedy.

Thanks

Richard

Reply to
Richard Rosell

On my '96 Outback, anytime the battery is disconnedted and reconnected, various lights blink until the power door lock system is reset. Either by locking/unlocking the power door locks with the remote fob or pushing the reset button in the wiring harness next to the door lock controller under the dash on the far left side. Your '98 may work the same way.

Ed P

Reply to
Ed P

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. I have one last question for you: How can I locate the reset switch? Is it identifiable in some way? Thanks for your help.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Rosell

Thanks, your suggestion worked.