Problem with engine cooling system

Hello,

Few days ago we made cooling system test for our Subaru Legacy Outback,

1998. During the test the color of the coolant changed. The garage master told us that such test results shows that cooling system is not hermetic and the coolant gets into the engine system. He suspects that the intermediate gum might be broken and even it could affect the head.

Maybe anybody has also faced this problem - I would be very thankful if you could share your experiences with interpretation of cooling system test results and the possible salvations of the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
tomasr

I believe the common term is "blown head gasket".

Worldwide, Subaru is recommending a "conditioner" that seems to be a fairly common stop-leak product for some cars with known cooling system problems.

Reply to
y_p_w