Programming keyless remote

I found a spare keyless remote on Ebay for a pretty good price. I googled a website that said that there was a programming button "by the driver's left knee" on the kick panel, and that if it wasn't visible it may have been tucked up into the wiring harness cluster.

I've just spent an entirely unpleasant hour with flashlights, close-up glasses, inspection mirrors, and all the rest of it. That button is not to be easily found. Before yanking out the driver's seat to get a REALLY good look under the panel, does anybody have any words of wisdom on how to find that little sucker?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

On my car: Sit in the driver's seat and find the hood release. Take your left hand, palm up fingers extended, and line up your forefinger with the left side of the release. Slide your hand forward until the crease where your finger attaches to your palm is directly under the forward side of the release. Push your finger up and you should feel a button right there above your fingertip, or very close.

Good luck.

Sheldon snipped-for-privacy@sopris.net

Reply to
Sheldon

Dead nuts on the money. Thank you so very much, sir. I'da been looking for that sucker for a month with the information I had.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

I had to find it on my own. Since it has no label and doesn't really stand out it can be hard to find, and you really do have to find it by feel. Before I wrote the instructions for you I went out to the car to see if I could come up with better directions than the one that's in the manual. Glad it worked out. (Drove me a bit nuts, too, but I guess it's supposed to be hard to find on purpose.)

Reply to
Sheldon