Question 2: Timing/Cam belt replacement

Now for my next question. According to my owners manual (MY02 RS bought new in 07/01) I am 10K past my belt replacement. I have done this procedure on a number of 350 short blocks and 2 Saab 99 series. This will be my first time with a horizontal 4. I plan on downloading the manual from the subaru tech site but was looking for any additional tips, warnings or better set of instructions etc. Once again any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
charlie

There are a few on-line OEM parts dealers. The one I've used(for filters, accessories, touch-up paint - so far) is

contact Jamie

Consider replacing cam and crank seals, rebuilding the oil pump, replacing idler/tensioner (at least the bearings) and , maybe, the waterpump.

For more ideas, search the issue at

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Charlie,

I just did this repair on my 92 Legacy. The instructions on the Autozone website are pretty good. My advice is to make sure that you are using the right timing marks on the crankshaft (there are three and it can be confusing). The mark that needs to be lined up is the mark on the reluctor, which is on the back of the crankshaft sprocket. The Autozone instructions explain this. Good luck!!

James