Question: removing hatch liner from 02 WRX Wagon

Hi, all.

I have a fairly big subwoofer in my WRX wagon, and the movement of air back there is making the felt liner of the hatch vibrate and rattle a bit. Rather annoying. I narrowed it down to this hatch cover by removing the single securing pin on the right hand side (along the bottom edge of the liner), pulling the corner back and stuffing a wad of fabric in there to keep it still. With the fabric in the cavity, the rattling was lessened.

I want to pull the entire cover, and cut a piece of foam to stuff in there and prevent this thing from rattling any more. But, I can't quite work out how to get the cover off. I got the securing pins off the left and right side, forced (oops) the center plastic 'grommet' off its post, so now the whole lower edge of the cover flaps free a bit - but I'd like to get the whole thing off so I can cut a nice-fitting piece of foam while avoiding all moving parts in there.

I can see whats going on in there, but for the life of me I can't envision how to get this cover off.

Can anyone assist with this? Either with a verbal suggestion or a link to an online service manual?

Thanks!!

BD

Reply to
BD

More on last - looks like the top edge of this cover is held to the inside of the door panel by some pins - a buddy of mine says that the pins likely must be removed (ie snapped off) in order to get the door liner off. That might be it; I may need to snap these pins and replace them to do what I want to do...

Reply to
BD