radio wiring subaru SVX

I had my car in the shop. They took out the driver seat to repair. Now my radio antenna will not go up and the light that shows what station you are on does not show up at night. The radio works, but without the antenna up it is poor reception. Anyone got ideas where to look to see if the connections were all plugged back in??? I see on the antenna motor there is a black/green wire, a black and a white - but have no idea where the harness goes when it gets to the front of the car.

Reply to
cycleman50

return it to the shop and they can fix the wire they pinched or fuse thats blown

Reply to
I'm Right

The power antenna harness always starts at the radio. Always part of the radio harness. Almost 100% the shop cut the antenna power wires or just disconnected it and forgot to reconnect it. If the antenna is located on the driver side you can expect the harness to run under the driver's seat.

Reply to
johninKY

Agreed - it is under the carpet under the seat. Also you should check out

If you don't find the problem and post the question in the technical Q&A forum and you'll get experienced help there.

Reply to
Rat

I would take it back but it was a school project for auto shop, and school is now out. I looked under seat and can only see two sets of wires that come out of carpet and hook into recepticals on seat. I looked on side of door by fuse panel and everything seems to be hooked in correctly. Can anyone help me by being more specific as to where to look?

Reply to
cycleman50

Wiring will be either under the carpet or under the door sill plate.

Reply to
johninKY