Ran 3.0 H6 with no oil!

MMO IMHO (there's Alphabet soup for ya!) is great stuff. Some people say not to use it, but two cars with >250,000 miles on them is enough of a testimonial for me!

And the QS w/Slick 50 seems to be just fine in my old cars. I was a Castrol fan for years, and the QS seems to work even better.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Bill - thanks for your story on the diesel. The noise I am hearing is the same that I've had for, probably, over 30 or 40k. To mean it's just 'normal' lifter noise. That being said, I think I will take you up on your advice to have someone else listen to it. Now the only trick will be to find someone I can trust that knows what they are doing. As for a 'rite of passage', that's funny! I've been lucky all of these years having made it to 53 before doing something stupid like this! I will tell you my own car 'horror story'. I had been a huge Chevrolet fan my whole life. The third new car I bought was an '85 Cavalier wagon. At just under 32,000 miles the engine threw cylinder #4 connecting rod right through the left side of the engine block. This was under light acceleration. I was a family guy, never abused my cars, always 'babied' them and took care of them. I was fairly traumatized by that event. After 6 weeks (yes, 6 weeks), the dealer finally repaired the engine by putting in a new short block. The only reason it was covered under a warranty was because I had purchased an extended warranty that was set to run out at 32k! In any case, almost two years to the day after the first disaster, the SAME thing happened again! This time I had about 55k on the car. Same thing. Cylinder #4 connecting rod through the left block. I was in shock.... I'm still in shock after all of these years. I had just paid off my first brand new car ever. I didn't want to get into car payments again, so had the engine repaired at a local repair shop at my own expense (I eventually got 1/2 back by fighting GM through the Better Business Bureau). Since those events, I have NEVER felt comfortable driving in any vehicle, because I know first had what kind of disasters can happen. John

Reply to
jamason56

I was buying Toyotas through the 80's... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku