random blinking warning lights in 2003 subaru outback

The warning lights blink at completely random times , brake, ABS, battery, etc. At night the head lights dim in time with the warning light blinking. I have tried to find a pattern, but there isn't one I can see. My mechanic check and said everything was fine. But it seems its not and I'm afraid the care will just die with a electrical failure. Does any one have experience with this problem?

Reply to
Carl Mark

It sounds like a loose connection or a short somewhere.

Reply to
John Varela

ABS can be sensitive to low voltage. Also, do you have a 4 cyl or 6 ? If 6, has the alternator ever been changed? Rebuilt alts sold for the H6 3.0 hav e a VERY high failure rate - partly due to people being sold an incompatibl e unit. On the H6, the ECU controls the field current. It's a different bea st.

If it seems you have the original alt but it is bad, try to have a local re builder work-over your part, the car may be down for 3 days, but you will g et a better alternator back than any rebuilt sold at a parts store.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan