Re: 05 Legacy air conditioning problem Follow up

Since posting, I contacted Subaru who have agreed to fix it under warranty. I have to agree that if it was caused by external damage then my only argument concerns the placement and thickness of metal tubes that carry the refrigerant. So I concede that this claim is in a gray area, and therefore SOA did not have to agree to fix it. I feel it only fair to post this followup. I shall be putting some bugnet or similar screening in front of the new condenser, and would advise others to do the same. I am still firmly of the opinion that Power Subrau in Scottsdale did not handle the situation in either a professional or courteous way, and that a charge should not have been imposed for a warranty determination. Needless to state I shall not be returning there for anything. After buying three cars from them I think it was real tacky of them

Reply to
Phil