RE: 2007 outback (2.5) oil filter removal

Success, but it was tough.

My friend had a "clamp on" variable size filter wrench that attaches to the bottom of the oil filter, and tightens when you turn the ratchet. Still, it was a little too big. So I duct taped around the jaws, to make it a little smaller. That worked. I loosened the filter a little, and went next to the oil pan nut. The dealer had tightened it so tight that I had to hammer the wrench handle to loosen the nut. But I finally got it loose. From there, the change went smoothly. Next time the nut should come off more easily and my filter wrench will fit my filter.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Bob P.

Reply to
Bob Palermo