Re: 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Road Test: Still Defying Convention

There's a high-fiber thread weaving through Subaru that runs contrary to >convention.

Direct link:

This sentence doesn't make sense to me, though:

"the Outback evolved from Subaru's Legacy sedan"

The Outback evolved from the Legacy *wagon*. Maybe the wagon evolved from the sedan and they skipped the middle (but more obvious) part?

It's funny that they mention the Outback's "surefooted, mountain-goat persona." I called my previous Subie (the Legacy wagon) Yama Yagi, which means "mountain goat" in Japanese--precisely because of the sure-footedness they mention.

Anyway, a great review from C&D. I hope it gets a lot more people thinking about bying Outbacks!

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

I have never understood why someone would buy a Subie that was NOT a wagon.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch
[snip]

:-)

Well, their little sporty cars are kind of cute. And if you live somewhere where traction is a frequent issue, but you want a sedan, then I can see buying a Legacy sedan. But like you, I personally have no interest in those other models.

Heck, I'm for people buying any model that keeps Subaru successful!

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

El 22/12/14 a las 19:41, David R. Birch escribió:

Because people likes beauty.

Reply to
gamo

Those who consider beauty important buy a less useful automotive tool than a Subaru.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

A wagon auto is not useful for everyone. Same thing for the number of seats.

Reply to
gamo

I've owned four Legacy wagons as "work" vehicles and ran two of them up over 200K miles. Great vehicles.

But when my job went away and I had no reason to carry an assortment of technical gear all over the Rocky Mountain region in every weather condition, I wanted something something sportier and less worklike.

Come take my Impreza WRX sedan with the Subaru Performance Tuning package for a drive up a nearby mountain canyon. Maybe you would want a wagon *AND* a WRX .

My wife has a new-ish Forester so actually I guess we have the best of both worlds.

I should add that I sold my red Mustang GT convertible -- beautiful but a real "hanger queen" -- because the WRX is so much more pleasant to own and to drive, not to mention infinitely better in the snow.

I'll also add that my first car was a beloved black Karmann Ghia coupe, much like my black WRX (except the WRX's four-cylinder engine is in the front not the rear), so I guess I've come full circle. My heart still skips a beat when I see a now-rare Ghia puttering around town.

--ben

Reply to
Ben Jammin

I've owned lots of cars and I can think of only two that were not either a wagon or at least a hatch back. I haven't had a job that required me to carry lots of gear, but I do have a need for a car that can carry two deer and gear back from deer hunting.

Nothing "sporty", when I want sporty, I get two wheels.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch