Re: '93 Impreza - CEL 33 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)

This car should have two VSS. One is located in the instrument panel. If the speedometer cable or speedometer fails, so does the VSS. The other VSS is located in the very rear of the transmission if you have an automatic. Have no idea where located if a manual. In the automatic it is located on the passenger-side on the rear housing. Just a magnet so whatever you attempted to pull isn't the second VSS. Also, and I can't remember which, but with the automatic transmission the location of the rear VSS depends on wheter FWD or AWD. One has it located externally and the other internally. I think the FWd transmission has it inside the rear housing.

Thing is the transmission VSS, unless the wire broke, is almost not a problem. What can fail with a magnet? If the speedometer cable is not broken, focus on the VSS in the instrument panel. When I had this problem, I just replaced the entire instrument panel with another from a wrecking yard.

Reply to
johninky