Re: awful seats

Who here agrees that Subaru seats are lousy?

I do not agree. My 2004 STi has wonderful seats, for the following reasons:

. They aren't made of leather, they're made of this lovely faux-swede stuff that clings without sticking, to skin or clothing. . They're cupped almost perfectly to myself and my passengers' forms.

The above two points combine together with the interesting locking seatbelts to make a beautiful performance experience.

. The seats are height adjustable as well as front-back, and back-rest tiltable, and they aren't electronic, which means they'll last longer.

. The driver's side is heated, and in a normal WRX, so is the passenger-side.

. They have a *very* high backs, so they protect the head in the event of a rear-ender. Even *my* head, and I'm a huge (tall, muscular) guy.

. There's enough room in the seats that I can fit in the car, unlike the

350Z, many of the higher-end Mercedes sportscars, the Z4, the S2000, etc etc.

. There's just the right amount of give for the shape I'm in right now. Long

10-hour trips demand vigilance on my part to maintain proper posture, or I suffer for it, but so long as I pay attention to how I'm sitting in the seat, I can go virtually unlimited distances--even though the suspension and hard tire sidewalls try to conspire to give me trouble just getting out of the vehicle at a rest stop.
Reply to
k. ote

It's pretty clear that the various Subaru models have very different seats.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Reingold

Indeed!