Re: changing brake fluid

In a thread some time ago there were those who agreed that changing brake fluid by the book was essential...and those who didn't. This should settle it:

Clive - Selectron

--

Sounds a little simplistic to me. In a closed system moisture should not be a problem. I'm more concerned about degradation and corrosion and will stick to the schedule for these reasons. Frank

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
Edward Hayes

thanx for posting!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Hi Carl It still appears there are none so blind etc. Factual reports should be ignored particularly where your life is at risk. Unbelievable. I've had the fluid boil under hard braking in a second-hand car and lost the lot for about

5 mins which frightened the living daylights out of me. Changed the fluid on the advice of someone who knew more than me in those days. Problem solved. Cheers.
Reply to
Clive - Selectron

Agreed. Sounded more like an ad than a valid report. I was not aware that brakes "fail without notice"

Reply to
Jim Stewart