Re: Engine back in -- FINALLY!

Your problem most likely is something is not connected. Could be a hose or ground strap or wiring connection. My bet is a hose somewhere in the intake system was overlooked. Go over everything and check all the hoses/clamps/wire conections before doing anything else.

Reply to
johninKY

I checked all the hoses, sprayed some starter fluid around to see what changes - to no avail. They were all tight and on there properly, as far as I could tell. Then checked all plugs. One would not fire. It initially looked like a bad coil module, but tracing it back, found that the Firestoners (when they replaced the engine the first time) must have cut a wire to a connector by mistake. They sloppily patched it with a crimp on and some electrical tape. Found that if I jiggled that wire, it started running normal again. I soldered the wire ends together and put some shrink tubing on -- it runs like a champ again!

Now I have to tell my daughter to drive carefully and keep an ear/eye out for weird sounds and smells. Why is stressing the importance to do that to women so hard? :)

Thanks for all the suggestions! Remco

Reply to
Remco

Good to hear you have solved all the problems and have the car back on the road.

Reply to
johninKY

Thanks for the help. She drove it a couple of days and yesterday it left her stranded. This time it is fuel related (see other post). Would you happen to know where the fuel relay is located, John?

Thanks! Remco

Reply to
Remco