Re: Engine Flush Procedure

I have had "words" with my dealer service over the constant "pitching"

> of the dubious and outrageously overpriced engine flush procedure. I am > tired of having it shoved in my face every time I take the vehicle in > for service.

I also was tired of the same bald-faced profiteering by Subaru OEM Service.

It was getting to the point of being like the daily junk mail. One day I got fed up and went to my Dealer/OEM Service place with a similar flyer and told them I would never be back. Period.

They still send me flyers, and I send em right into the trash can. (hope you folks at Subaru Corporate read that lne above! muse on that one at your next HQ meeting or group marketing session)

I now take by Subaru to a Private Mechanic / Garage and I am not only pleased with the service I am getting, but I am NOW paying an average of almost 51% less in cost outlays for periodic maintenance.

I also strongly feel that my private mechanic is far more trustworthy than the Dealer/OEM service which, IMHO, seems to be nothing more than a Subaru Corporate 'profit center' or something similarly un-ethical and thus detestable from a customer business perspective.

FYI: Subaru Corporate HQ in Cherry Hill. NJ (specifically their Marketing & Media Division) are the people that seem to be behind all this Direct Mailing and Marketing fliers. If you are as TURNED OFF by this blatant marketing of questionable procedures and probable veiled OEM profiteering, then you may want to give their North American HQ a phone call at 856-488-8500 or see

for othercontact info.

It this is how their OEM Service Centers market for business, then my next car will most certanly be a Nissan Murano or a Mitsubishi Outlander. (perhaps sooner via trade-in )

Reply to
Robert 500