Re: Headlight circuit not working -- UPDATE

Turns out it wasn't the relay; well at least, it seems not to be. >

>The low-beam light was out, as well as the 2 side marker light bulbs. I'm >not sure that they all went out together, but it seems kinda suspicious. > >Any thoughts?

Check the system voltage. It is possible the regulator is bad and the voltage is too high, this will cause bulbs to blow prematurely. With a voltmeter on the battery terminals with the engine running you shouldn't see more than 14.5 volts or so. If it's a lot higher, like

15-16, that could be your problem. I don't know if your car has an internal (in the alternator) or external regulator, if it's internal and NG the alternator would have to be replaced.
>> Hi, >> >> I have a 1987 DL Wagon, and the left low-beam circuit isn't working. When >> I turn the headlights on (low-beams), the left side low-beam unit, the >> white running light and the amber side light all don't work. However, the >> left turn signal works fine, and when I turn on the high-beams, both >> headlight units on the left side come on (the car has a total of 4 sealed >> bulb units). This would appear to indicate that all bulbs are working OK. >> I've also checked all of the fuses. >> >> I'm guessing there's a bad relay. I don't know where the headlight relays >> are, so any help would be much appreciated. I have the Haynes Repair >> Manual, and it shows the relays on the wiring diagram, but I couldn't find >> 'em while I was poking around under the hood or under the dash. >> >> Thanks!! >> -dan >> >
Reply to
mulder