Re: Hood won't stay closed

Is there any

danger of it coming loose and flying open?

YES! This happened to me once, take my experience to heart you do NOT want that to happen. Hood flew up on route 95 and it is not fun trying to pull off the highway without any front vision. Luckily I noticed the hood bouncing up and down just before it flew up so it wasn't a complete surprise. No one was too close so I could pull off to beat the thing back down but my entire windshield was completely shattered. The hinges only go back so far and the hood bent the rest of the way, bent back so much the hood has dents where those hinges are and where it slammed into the roof above the windshield. Both fenders are scratched where those hinges are.

If anyone were around me when that happened there would have been a major accident. Every time I close my hood I pull up on the thing up to make sure it is secured.

Reply to
John