Re: horrendous noise on hard braking

I posted a couple of months back about the racket the WRX produced under very hard braking and subsequent noise from the back which I thought could be a bearing going bad. After a thorough check by Subaru the noise was identified as tire noise...but I wasn't convinced....now I am! I checked the rears again this weekend and saw they were on the legal limit (at 17.5K miles) and had Michelin Pilot Sports fitted to match the fronts which were replaced at 10K. The tire company told me the the Potenzas had worn badly out of round hence the noise. Apparently this is not uncommon with soft compound tires and is partly due to the suspension set-up. News to me but them's the facts folks... Nasty noises now gone!

-- Clive Norris Selectron (UK) Ltd Musical Equipment Distribution

Clive