Re: It's official, Manual Transmissions are making a comeback!!!

Right!

> >Just 'cause you and I don't buy the same transmissions dosen't mean we >can't respectfully disagree. That's what the USA is all about! We >BOTH can get what we want. > >Maybe it's because we're from the East Coast and have been party to >Yankee/Met/Red Sox, Knick/Net/Celtics, >Rangers/Islanders/Devils/Bruins, Giants/Jets/Patriots conversations? >

Every so often the "macho-manual-trans-thing" topic comes up on these groups - LOL. :^) I've owned plenty of both types and currently own one of each (2 Impreza's).

I find manuals a drag to deal with in perpetual metro rush-hour/construction jams. I'd enjoy a manual much more in a rural area. It depends on the vehicle too. Engines with a limp feel are tiring to launch repeatedly say if a person does a lot of driving, whereas engines with strong torque off-idle are funner to jump away from stoplights and punch-around throught the gears.

Interestinglye, I also get better winter control with the 4EAT (using the manual function). I like Subaru's auto trans better than any other I've owned. The torque converter has a nice snug engagement (not real slushy-loose), but the shifts are a little soft for my taste.

These tranny arguments are like "electric" vs "blade". Two different types of tools that both work good depending on the job. -Danny

Reply to
Danny Russell