Re: Legacy Turbo gearchange question

Yes it does suffer with old age...bushings wear out have one with over 250k and sloppy as all heck but you get used to it

Test-drove my first Legacy Turbo today. High mileage (185k+) but > looked and sounded OK apart from the noisy exhaust the previous owner > had fitted - given its reputation as a Q-car I didn't think it is > particularly sensible to stick a loud exhaust on it. > > Anyway, one thing I noticed on the test drive was that the gearlever > felt rather vague - much like the one on an Alfa 75, which has a > transaxle and you're stirring gears via a 3 foot rod. Is this normal > or does the gearchange mechanism suffer somewhat in old age? > -- > Timo Geusch > Morini Corsaro 125 | Bimota YB7 | Honda Pan European ABS/CBS/TCS > BOTAFOF #33 TWA#10 > The UKRM FAQ:

Posted using QuadSucker/News,
... the ultimate tool for newsgroup downloading!-----------------------------------------------------------
Reply to
madkow