Re: Radio not working, not fuse

The radio in my '95 Legacy has stopped working. The clock works

> (although I guess this is a seperate fuse), but when I turn the volume > knob into the "on" position, the speakers crack for a fraction of a > second but nothing happens. The tape player also dosn't work. > > I tried replacing the fuse, but this didn't help. Any ideas? > > Kai

All right, I don't get it... When I take the "clock" fuse out in the hood fusion compartment, then the radio works. I replaced it with a new fuse and this causes it not to work again. Right now I have the choice between radio and no clock or power locks, or clock and locks but no radio.

Reply to
Kai

Check ALL your fuses, even the ones that aren't related. I too have a '95 Legacy, and the electrical system is weird. I got into an accident a few years ago and both of my fan fuses were blown although I did not know this at the time. Summer came and my Legacy overheated, and I opened the hood to find only one fan turning. I replaced the fuse, and the one that had been turning stopped, and the other one started. After replacing both fuses, it was fine, but it was strange how the one fan STILL worked even though the fuse was blown. I'm guessing it routed it through another fuse somehow, or maybe my car is just weird. Check it out though.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker