Re: Recall Alert: 660,000 Subaru Wagons, Sedans, Crossovers

Vehicles Affected: More than 660,000 model-year 2005-09 Outback wagons

>and Legacy sedans, 2008-11 Impreza cars, 2008-14 WRX and WRX STI cars, >and 2009-13 Forester crossovers currently or previously registered in >Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, >Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota,...

For those who haven't heard, the reason that the recall is limited to specific states is because those are places where salt is used on icy roads. Here in the West, they don't do that. People without

4WD cars that have snow tires have to chain up; those of us with such cars get to drive by smugly. :-) (Unless conditions get *really* bad--but from what I've seen, there's more chance of a road being closed temporarily than of me having to put chains on my Outback.)

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter