Re: What does the ECU control in a 1988 GL turbo engine? Det

Thanks, I did get that far and beyond.

I'm going to try to clarify here, in case someone who's worked on this actual specific piece of hardware comes across the question (eventually

-- one nice thing about Usenet, it stays around).

I've looked at the very short list of trouble codes. Note this is not the new system most people are familiar with -- that's why I'm hoping for a response from someone familiar with this specific setup.

I'm aware generally of what an ECU might/could/possibly be doing. Some do a lot.

This one doesn't.

The trouble codes -- for this particular 1988 SPFI turbo engine -- don't distinguish between SENSOR problems (something's wrong) and SETTINGS (something it should be adjusting or changing isn't working).

1988 was a very early year for these; on this Subaru there is only one fuel injector, for instance.

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------

---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---

Reply to
hank