Re: Where get aftermarket accessories for Subaru Outback? Performance enhancement?

Hi all,

> > I'm purchasing a 2001 Subaru Outback LL Bean and am wondering where is > the best place to get aftermarket accessories. For example, one of > those grates that spearates the cargo area from the passenger.... > > Also, while mine comes with the 3.0 6 cyl engine, I'm wondering if > there is anything I can do to enhance performance. Does anyone out > there have ideas? > > Thanks

I'd like to invite you and all other readers here to;

It's a great group of folks and most helpful. There are online providers of genuine Subaru accessories as well as dealerships known to ship to individuals at slim profit margins. There are folks who know which aftermarket items work well on Subies and sometimes used/surplus parts offered at good savings(got protective bumpers for my OBW from a Subaru tech there).Also - check eBay As for perfromance, I've read of folks inverting the 'bypass' valve in the muffler to reduce restriction at all speeds, not just highway/high RPMs. Some folk like K&N airfilters for a little boost - but there MAY be increased engine wear with those as well as potential MAF damage if improperly re-oiled. Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan